Office located at:
11 Main Street, P.O. Box 412
South Salem, NY 10590
Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 p.m.
Email: Receiver of Taxes
Please remit water payments to:
Receiver of Taxes, PO Box 412,
South Salem, NY 10590
Please make checks payable to:
Town of Lewisboro
Note: The 2013 school tax bill is based on the 2012 assessment roll. The bills were inadvertently programmed to read 2013 instead of 2012.
Town of Lewisboro Tax Rates for 4 years
Tax Parcel Viewer
- Town/County/Fire/Special District Taxes (better know as the Property Taxes) are due on or before April 30th in full payment. This tax covers a calendar year from January 1st through December 31st. Penalties incur on May 1st.
- School Taxes are due during the month of September with the option of paying in two installments. School tax covers a fiscal year from July 1st through June 30th of the following year.
- The first half of the school tax must be paid on or before September 30th.
Penalties on the unpaid first half begin on October 1st.
- The second half of the school tax may be paid at any time but no later than January 31st.
Penalties on the unpaid balance begin February 1st.
- NOTE: School budgets are prepared and adopted locally in the respective school districts. The entire tax levied by this bill is collected solely for the benefit of your local school district. The Town acts merely as a agency for the collection of such taxes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROPERTY OWNERS
- New York State Law states whether you receive a bill or not, you are ultimately responsible for payment including penalties. Once a bill is in the penalty stage, payment cannot be accepted without the penalty. All unpaid taxes become a lien by May 1st of the following year.
- In the Tax Office you will find the Town of Lewisboro Assessment Roll as well as the Tax Roll.
- The Tax Office maintains listings of all property owners.
- Town of Lewisboro tax maps are available for viewing.
- We in the Tax Office are always willing to help the public with any questions you may have. Call 914-763-3100.
- All unpaid taxes become a lien May 1st of the following year. Interest on liens increases 1% per month.
- If you have sold your house or you are a new property owner, please contact the Receiver's Office to note the change and have the tax bills forwarded to the correct owner.
SCHOOL TAX RELIEF/STAR PROGRAM
Residents of the Town of Lewisboro may be eligible for a partial exemption from school property taxes on owner occupied primary residences (one, two, three family homes, condominiums, and co-op units), under the School Tax Relief (STAR) Program. The STAR Exemption, authorized by Section 425 of the Real Property Tax Law, offers two types of exemptions:
- Enhanced STAR Exemption is for eligible senior citizens (age 65 or over) whose combined income is less than $73,000 per year. If your property will already be receiving the Senior Citizen Exemption authorized by Section 467 of the Real Property Tax Law, you do not need to apply for the STAR Exemption. Your property will automatically qualify and receive the exemption. Other seniors must apply for it and reapply each year, in order to keep the enhanced exemption in effect.
- If the basic exemption is granted, you usually do not need to reapply in subsequent years. However, you must notify the Assessor if your primary residence changes.
How does one get the STAR Exemption?
You need to obtain and fill out a STAR application and file it with the Town Assessor by June 1st. The Town of Lewisboro's Assessor's Office is located at the Cross River Shopping Center at Orchard Square, 20 North Salem Road (Route 121), Cross River, NY 10518. The telephone number is (914) 763-3034.
What do you need to support the STAR Exemption application?
You need to provide the section, block and lot number of your property. If you are applying for the enhanced exemption you need proof of your date of birth: a copy of birth or baptismal certificate or a copy of your passport and a copy of your Federal Income Tax Return.
For any further questions please call the Assessor's Office at 763-3034.
SENIOR CITIZENS' EXEMPTION:
Persons over sixty-five years of age (either spouse) where their primary residence is in the Town of Lewisboro and have a combined gross income (including Social Security) of and amount less than that indicated in the following schedule may be eligible for this exemption.
Applications and income documentation must be filed with the Assessor's office no later than June 1st of each year.
The Town of Lewisboro, County of Westchester and Katonah/Lewisboro School District have adopted the following income scale for calculation of Senior Citizen exemption provided for in Section 467 of the Real Property Town Law:
Town of Lewisboro Senior Citizen and Disability Exemption New Income Limits starting July 1, 2012 thru June 30, 2013
PERCENTAGE OF ASSESSED VALUE EXEMPTION FROM TAXATION
|Less than $29,000.00
|29,000.01 - 29,999.99
|30,000.00 - 30,999.99
|32,000.00 - 32,899.99
|32,900.00 - 33,799.99
|33,800.00 - 34,699.99
|35,600.00 - 36,499.99
|36,500.00 - 37,399.99
Inquiries regarding exemptions, assessments or related real property topics may be directed to the Assessor's Office at 763-3034.
Attorney for In Rem Foreclosures: Herodes & Mole, P.C.