Note: The 2013 school tax bill is based on the 2012 assessment roll. The bills were inadvertently programmed to read 2013 instead of 2012.
- Town/County/Fire/Special District Taxes (better know as the Property Taxes) are due on or before April 30th in full payment. This tax covers a calendar year from January 1st through December 31st. Penalties incur on May 1st.
School Taxes are due during the month of September with the option of paying in two installments. School tax covers a fiscal year from July 1st through June 30th of the following year.
- The first half of the school tax must be paid on or before September 30th.
- Penalties on the unpaid first half begin on October 1st.
- The second half of the school tax may be paid at any time but no later than January 31st.
- Penalties on the unpaid balance begin February 1st.
- NOTE: School budgets are prepared and adopted locally in the respective school districts. The entire tax levied by this bill is collected solely for the benefit of your local school district. The Town acts merely as a agency for the collection of such taxes.