Can I receive emails pertaining to my child's camp?

Please sign up on our website for your child's camp and you will be notified of important messages.

Category: Parks and Recreation
Does the Town of Lewisboro accept credit cards?

Yes, you can now make your payment at anytime securely online via Official Payments, using any of the links below or by telephone at (1-800-272-9829) Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM. There is a fee for this service the details of which may be found with the Fee Calculator on the payments page or from the telephonist at Official Payments.

Payments may be made for:

Category: General
How can I obtain a US passport?

A United States passport is issued by the United States Department of State.

A Town of Lewisboro resident can obtain a passport at the following locations:


Cross River Post Office
20 Cross River Plaza
Cross River, NY

*See details below

Waccabuc Post Office
2 Post Office Road
Waccabuc, NY

*See details below

Court House
110 Martin L. King Blvd.
White Plains, NY
Passport Agency
51 Washington Street
Norwalk, CT
Mount Kisco Post Office
3 Morgan Drive
Mount Kisco, NY
Ridgefield Post Office
Catoonah Street
Ridgefield, Connecticut

*Details for Cross River & Waccabuc Post Office Passport applications:

Documents needed:

  • original birth certificate
  • a driver's license or another valid form of ID
  • and two (2) 2" x 2" passport photos
  • For Information or to schedule an appointment:
  • Call the Cross River Post Office at 914-763-3798
  • Call the Waccabuc Post Office at 914-763-3606

For General Passport Information:

New York:  914-995-3058
Connecticut: 203-969-9000

Processing usually takes 6 weeks.

To download the application and for further, more detailed information and individual particulars, log on to the US Department of State's travel.state.gov

For another venue to obtain a passport, check: americanpassport.com


All travelers, including U.S. citizens, to and from the Americas, the Caribbean and Bermuda will soon be required to have a passport or other accepted document that establishes the bearer's identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States.

The initiative will be implemented in phases:

  • As of January 25, 2007: all Americans flying to and from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will need to carry a passport or similar document proving their citizenship. Other approved forms of identification include the Air NEXUS card, U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551.
    Similar rules regarding travel by land and sea will take effect at a later date - as early as January 1, 2008. The changes, which are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, result from recommendations made by the 9-11 Commission.
  • December 31, 2007: requirement extended to all land border crossings as well as air and sea travel.

Birth certificates had been a leading form of identification for travel to Canada and the above named areas. But the new rule is expected to make entering and leaving the U.S. faster, because it will dramatically reduce the types of documents presented to inspectors.

Flights to U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands are considered domestic travel, meaning the new requirement will not apply.

For more information, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

For more information on the initiative and how it may affect you, please visit the State Department's consular website travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website www.dhs.gov

For more information about applying for a passport, U.S. citizens may visit travel.state.gov or call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1-877-4USA-PPT or TDD/TYY: 1-888-874-7793. Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain passports.

Category: General
How do I get rid of large bulk items?

Call Bria Carting for information - (914) 277-4211

Category: General
How do I obtain a marriage license?

A marriage license is required for any couple intending to be married in the State of New York. The license may be obtained anywhere in the State. There is a 24-hour waiting period before the license takes effect; after that, it is valid for 60 days. To obtain a marriage license in Lewisboro, we ask that the couple make an appointment with the Town Clerk's office at 914-763-3511. For residents, we are happy to make an after-hours appointment at your convenience. The license procedure takes about 20 minutes.

Marriage license applicants must bring government-issued proof of identity (a driver's license or a passport) and a certified copy of applicant's birth certificate which states both their father's name and their mother's maiden name. If this is not the first marriage for each, we require a certified copy of each judgment of divorce. The raised seal of the court should appear on the last page. Call the Town Clerk's Office if you have any questions regarding the required documents for the marriage license.The license fee is $40.00. After the ceremony, your officiant will return the marriage license to us, and we will issue a marriage certificate. Marriage license records are forwarded to the New York State Department of Health.

See "Getting Married in New York State."

Marriage ceremonies can be performed in the Town of Lewisboro by:

Town Justice Marc A. Seedorf, 763-5417
Town Justice Susan Simon, 763-8831
Town Marriage Officer Janet Donohue, 763-3511
Town Marriage Officer Joann Vasi, 763-3100

For a copy of the New York State brochure containing further information, call the Town Clerk's office at 763-3511 or e-mail townclerk@lewisborogov.com.

Category: General
How does one find a nursery or day care facility for children?

Regarding Nursey Schools or Day Care for children -

Many of the houses of worship in Lewisboro have nursery/day care facilities for children.


The Child Care Council of Westchester, 470 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, has a computerized database of all day care centers and private home day care, as well as nannies, nursery schools, summer camps, school age programs and support groups in Westchester County. For childcare information, call 761-3456 or email childcare@cccwny.org. You may also log onto childcarewestchester.org.

Category: General
How does one get a parking permit for the Goldens Bridge Train Station?

MTA Metro-North Railroad, through its private parking operator Allright Corporation, manages of all parking spaces at the Goldens Bridge Station.

Laz Parking...888-682-PARK
MTA Metro-North Customer Information Center:
New York City..................................212-532-4900
Outside New York City.............800-METRO-INFO
MetroNorth Web Site
Golden's Bridge Station Parking and Fees

Category: General
How does the shuttle bus work to the Katonah Train Station?


Lewisboro residents who purchase a parking permit from the Town Clerk's Office can park their car at the Spring Street Lot off of Route 35 (across from St. John's Episcopal Church.) A shuttle bus, operated by the Housatonic Area Regional Transit, provides transportation Monday thru Friday and will take you to the Katonah Train Station platform to meet morning and evening trains. The park & ride bus fee is: Adults $1.25, Seniors/disabled (with identification card) 60 cents and students (grade 12 and under 90 cents) or one can purchase a monthly Uni ticket from Metro North for about $22.00.

Additional information can be obtained at 800-METRO-INFO;
in New York City call 212-532-4900, or call the Connecticut Department of Transportation at 860-594-2830.

All Hart vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Inform the driver if you need assistance boarding. Flag stops are available on this route.

MetroNorth Information

Katonah Shuttle Schedule & Regional Transportation (Hart Transportation)

Category: General
How to eliminate telemarketing calls and junk mail?


It's the law. You have the power to end unwanted telemarketing calls. A new law establishes a "Do Not Call Registry" and makes it illegal for telemarketers to call you once your name appears on the list. Telemarketers who violate the law can face fines of up to $2,000. per call. The law became effective April 1, 2001.

There are three ways to pre-register:

Consumer Protection
Board Helpline
1-800-697-1220 or 1-888-382-1222 to register direct


New York State Consumer Protection Board
3 Empire State Plaza
Suite 2101
Albany, NY 12223




The success of the "Do Not Call Telephone Registry" has caused Direct Marketers to shift back to sending soliciations and other offers thru the U. S. mail.

To join a "no junk mail" list, visit the website of the Direct Mail Marketing Association at: http://www.the-dma.org/

To join the "Do Not Call Telephone Registry", visit http://www.ftc.gov/

For more Consumer Information, visit the Westchester County Consumer Protection Website at www.westhcestergov.com/consumer/

Category: General
What is Middle Income Housing in the Town of Lewisboro?

The Town of Lewisboro administers the Middle Income Program for the units set aside for this purpose at the Oakridge Condominiums. There is a ranking system and a maximum family income requirement for eligibility.

Application form for Middle Income Housing.

2013-2014 Maximum Rental Amounts for Middle Income Housing.

Table of Maximum Income & Sales prices for Middle Income Housing units.

If you have questions, contact Aimee Hodges at 763-5592.

Category: General
What is the sales tax in the Town of Lewisboro?

The sales tax rate in the Town of Lewisboro is 7.375%.


Shipping and handling is also taxable in New York State, so add sales tax to Grand Total (excluding any tax-deductible contribution you add on).

Westchester County
(except below)
Mount Vernon 8.375%
New Rochelle 8.375%
White Plains 7.875%
Yonkers 8.375%


Category: General
When can I sign up for camp?

After April 26, 2014 and you can register at the Parks & Recreation Department at 99 Elmwood Road.

Category: Parks and Recreation